From Deputy Registrar Student Affairs
Student Affairs office is committed to support and serve all stakeholders of Karunya community. We strive to create our academic campus environment friendly to learning, research and holistic development of every learner. Our goal is to help you connect with our community, discover your passion, and shape your future. Therefore, we are dedicated to facilitate your personal growth and broaden your perspective during your years with us. We facilitate you to get the best collegiate experience in the world.
- Certificates and Support for availing Scholarships
- Bonafide certificates for current students (for Bank Loan, Passport, Visa, Higher studies)
- Certificates (Transfer Certificate, Course Completion Certificate, Conduct Certificate for employment purposes)
- Identity Cards
- Railway concessions for winter and summer vacations
- Certificates for Alumni (Mode of study, Affiliation certificate, Certificates for Employment purposes, certificate verification)
Various support service of student affairs office to the students and alumni
GOALS: TO DEVELOP STRONG, VIBRANT AND RESPONSIBLE LEADERS
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences will strive:
- To inculcate ethics, values, character and spirituality towards a holistic development.
- To foster innovation and build entrepreneurial skills to find solutions for the problems of humanity.
- To ingrain the spirit of service to society with compassion.
- To nurture the ability to empower and build communities towards positive transformation.
To achieve the above, the following shall be enforced
- Staff and Students shall participate in all ethical, value and character building sessions such as assembly, counselling and value education. They shall thereby demonstrate this by attending all activities, events, and classes on time and present themselves with proper dress code.
- Faculty members and mentors are authorized to mark absent if the students do not demonstrate their holistic development in terms of attending classes on time, submission of assignments in a complete manner on time, meeting pre-requisites for the class, lab and projects, writing the tests and examinations at the prescribed time, adhering strictly to the stipulated dress code.
- In order to create an excellent ambience towards holistic development, any disruption to the academic and research ambience shall be avoided. Towards this cause, the students shall demonstrate this, by avoiding cell phones or any other personal communication devices in the academic and research environment such as class, assembly, meetings and laboratory. Faculty members and mentors are authorized to mark absent if there is any violation. However, the usage of electronic gadgets for academic learning shall be permitted at the behest of the faculty member. They shall not possess these devices or any other storage and communication devices during tests and examinations. The university shall not be responsible for the loss of any of these personal devices inside the university and hostel campuses.
- For ensuring the safety of the student community and to develop professional culture, each student is required to wear his/her ID card in and outside the class, at the gate, while in the University premises. Faculty members and mentors are authorized to mark absent if there is any violation. In the hostel premises, ID cards are essential for entry and exit. Security guards are authorized to verify the ID cards and deny permission for entry to University and hostel premises.
- For building professional excellence and personality enhancement, each student shall adhere to the dress code prescribed by the University vide order KU/REG/SAO/CIR/299/2016 dated 16 Aug 2016.
- Formal wear every Wednesday
- Clean shaven always (applicable to men)
- Blazer on the first Wednesday of every month and for every University event. (Except first year UG students)
- Blazer with formal wear is mandatory for all placement sessions and final year project reviews.
- Prescribed uniform for all laboratory sessions.
- Modest wear on all other working days.
- To ensure moral protection of each student, the interaction with opposite gender shall be limited to academic and professional activities only. Any physical contact, roaming with opposite gender in and around the University premises, disturbing the academic ambience, public sentiments and social decorum will be subject to strict disciplinary action. Exchanging, uploading and or posting of any obscene or objectionable data with others and in social media are strictly prohibited.
- Possession, distribution and or consumption of alcohol, narcotics, and other prohibited substances in any form are strictly forbidden. Ragging, eve teasing and sexual abuse in any form are also prohibited.
- Being a Christian minority institution, only the spiritual activities or prayers as approved by the University shall be permitted in the campus, quarters and in the student residences.
- To make the best use of the support given by the faculty, the student is required to attend the special classes and arrear coaching classes, failing which the student will not be permitted to appear for the respective arrear examinations.
- To ensure safety of the student, the students shall avail Campus leave only after obtaining prior permission. University rules related to OD and ML shall be strictly followed.
- For any help and remedial action, the student and or the parent / guardian shall approach the respective Mentor who is the authorized official of the University to care for the student in all respects. The student / parent may also make use of [email protected] Also students and staff shall make use of the Online feedback system avilable in the AICTE web portal
All faculty members and or mentors are authorized to mark the student absent if there is any violation. Placement officer and or the department placement coordinator are authorized to deny permission to attend the placement session.
Any faculty member and or hostel officials are authorized to intervene and initiate disciplinary proceedings as per the University norms.
Any faculty member and or hostel officials are authorized to intervene and initiate disciplinary proceedings as per the University norms.
The Registrar shall ensure adherence of the same through Chief Wardens, Head (Department of Value education) and Head (Care and Counselling).
This shall be enforced by the concerned faculty member and the Controller of Examinations.
Mentors shall verify the genuinity of the leave application as per the policy and approve leave for all valid reasons. SRA shall verify the genuinity of the hostel leave application as per the policy and approve hostel leave for valid reasons.
|As per the sports quota policy|
a) Central Government
|As per National Scholarship Portal Guidance||Online Application in www.scholarships.gov.in|
b) State Goverment
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences recognizes the academically meritorious students with the merit awards.
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences upholds the education of a student on the event of sudden demise of family bread winner. On the recommendations of the Student benevolent fund committee, the Tuition fee or the accommodation fee or both shall be paid to the student by the university administration itself till the student completes the course.
The student has to submit the relevant document as per the requirement along with the request. The student shall get further assistance from the student affairs office.
Every students are insured during the course of study to meet out the unexpected expenses due to accidents/ health hazards for a maximum amount of 1Lakhs per student. The student affairs office assists the student to apply for claiming the financial support from the insurance agency.
What Constitutes Ragging?
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher.
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING:
The institution shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed here in under:
The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely,
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
Ragging has ruined countless innocent lives and careers. In order to eradicate it, Hon’ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 887 of 2009, passed the judgement wherein guidelines were issued.
Every student and his/guardian needs to submit an undertaking (affidavit) to the college for admissions.
Please find the link for ONLINE submission below
- Anti-Ragging Undertaking (affidavit) ONLINE
- Step by Step Guide on how to fill the online undertaking
After filling this form successfully, you will receive the Student's Anti Ragging Undertaking and the Parents Anti Ragging Undertaking in your Email.
Please print both the Undertaking, sign them yourself, request your parents to read the details and request them to sign their Undertaking and then present both at your college at the time of registration, each year.
In order to eradicate the Menace of Ragging Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences has formed the following Anti ragging statutory cell
- Chairperson : Dr. R. Elijah Blessing, Registrar
- Member Secretary : Dr. Dr. A. Albert Rajan, Dy. Registrar (SA)
- Member Police Administration : Mr. A. Thangam, Inspector of Police, Alandurai
- Member Local Media : Mr. Gandhi Babu, Reporter, Dinakaran Daily
- Member NGO Representative : Mr. Reuben Inba, Administrative Officer, Seesha
- Members Faculty Nominees :
- Dr. Elizabeth Felix, Asso. Prof/Maths
- Mr. Alfred Kirubai Raj, Asst. Prof/ECE
- Member Parent Representative : Mr. D. Samuel Sunder, Section Officer
- Members Student Representative :
- Mr. Ajish David, UR14EE106
- Mr. R. Adhithya, UR14ME055
- Mr. Kevin, JD, UR15BT059
- Mr. Aswath Martine, URK17ME167
- Member Nominee from Non Teaching : Mr. A. Sebastin, Sr. Asst. Gr. II, O/o Student Affairs
For Effective monitoring in the campus and hostels, Karunya administration formed Anti ragging flying squad. The following members have been nominated as squad for the academic year 2017-2018
The following Faculty members are nominated as Antiragging flying squads for the academic year 2017-2018
- Dr. Jesse Joel T, Asst. Professor, Biotech.
- Mr. Lawrence, Asst. Professor, Mechanical
- Mr. Saravanan, S, Asst. Professor, EMT
- Mr. Shibin, D., Asst. Professor, CSE
- Mr. A. Shankar Amalraj, Asst. Professor, EEE
- Mr. Basil Xaviour, M, Asst. Professor, CSE
- Mr. Andrew, J, Asst. Professor, CSE
- Ms. N. Gouthami, Asst. Professor, Nano Science
- Ms. Diana, Asst. Professor, CSE
- Ms. Nancy Debora, Asst. Professor, Civil
- They should monitor the movement of 1st year students and senior students both UG & PG during the morning and evening hours, class break/lunch break and report any kind of interaction or arguments among the students which may lead to ragging or harassment immediately to the Antiragging Committee or to the competent authority for immediate disciplinary actions
- They should attend the weekly review meeting organized by the Chairman [Anti Ragging Committee]
- Any emergency issue should be brought to the notice of the Chairman (ARC)/Residence authorities immediately to avoid any untoward incidents
The Deputy Registrar
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences
Coimbatore - 641114