Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 1994. It is well equipped with highly commendable facilities and is effectively guided by a set of devoted and diligent staff members. The Department has also signed MoU with industries like SIEMENS, SALZER to provide Industrial Certification Training to the student’s right here on the Campus. Later the name of department is reframed as Programme of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
• True to its name Karunya which means 'Compassion', Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences shall be an Institution with a social concern which will address the problems of humanity through teaching, research and extension in socially relevant areas. • The students and faculty of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences will be imbibed with spiritual discernment and a zeal to serve humanity and to eventually become leaders of society.
• To raise undergraduate, postgraduate students and research scholars to higher levels of academic excellence, professional competence and spiritual enrichment to serve humanity with compassion and exemplary values.
• To find solutions to human problems in areas relating to Water, Food, Health Care and Energy through scientific, social and technological research.
• To set up Care Homes for the physically and mentally challenged, the elderly and the terminally ill and sensitize students to human needs and pain and dedicate themselves to solve human problems through research & development, formulating policies and providing spiritual counsel.
Graduates will have ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering for the solution of mechanical engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design solutions for complex mechanical engineering problems and design system components are processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental consideration.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems, analysis and statistical data to arrive valid conclusions.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to solve complex mechanical engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply knowledge of contemporary issues for solving problems faced by the society through application of mechanical engineering principles.
- Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Understand and exhibit professional and ethical responsibility.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in multi-disciplinary teams to accomplish common goals.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities, with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Apply the principle of management and finance to effectively handle projects in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for and have the preparation ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.